Porcelain is a highly versatile naturally occurring material and its high resistance to electrical conductivity, tolerance to high temperatures; ease of manufacture and chemical resistance makes it the most ideal material in the production of sinks.
By following a few proper sink cleaning methods, you can expect your sink to last longer and give your kitchen a great look. One of the most common problems associated with sink cleaning is removing stains.
Essential Sink-Cleaning Tools
Here are a few essential tools that you will find handy for cleaning sinks.
- Cleaning sponges. There is no end to the different types of sponges that you will find in a departmental store. Depending on the size of the sink you can order one or the other. Typically a cleaning sponge is about 6-7 inches long and 4 inches wide and 5 inches tall. Sponges are also sometimes known as foam. Sponges don’t last for long and have to be replaced every few months.
- Vacuum cleaner. There are large varieties of vacuum cleaners in the market, but the one best suited for cleaning sinks is one that can handle liquids. The advantage of a vacuum cleaner in cleaning sinks that the machine can suck water and surf off without spilling cleaning liquid. Before you order a vacuum cleaner, ensure that it is compatible with cleaning solutions and is capable of handling large chunks of waste.
- Brush is an essential tool and is unavoidable. There is a wide choice of brushes that you can buy, but the one you order must have long bristles so that it is able to reach the corners comfortably. Bristles are prone to ageing and wear off more often than you imagine. Brushes must be replaced at regular intervals to keep cleaning efficient. If the sink is deep, consider ordering brushes with long handles to reach corners and pull out dirt efficiently.
- Domestic Cleaning supplies and solutions. Porcelain sinks are generally resistant to even the toughest of domestic cleaning supplies, but the problem is usually with the vent down that is usually made of metal. Therefore check the chemical’s compatibility.
- Water jets, pressure hoses and motorised brushes are a few other options that you can use, but are not really essential.
Cleaning Methods for Stained Kitchen and Bathroom Sinks
- Rinse the sink with a fresh supply of water (soft water preferably). Measure a capful of cleaning solution, dilute in water and spread it all over the surface of the inside of the sink. At this stage, you don’t have to use the brush for loosening the dirt. Leave it on for at least 5 minutes or more if the sink has tough stains.
- Five minutes after the cleaning solution has been allowed to take effect, gently run the cleaning brush on the surface with a rounded action. Rounded action helps to pill dirt. Don’t ever use a brush with metal bristles, they can potentially scratch the glaze on the skin and damage the sinks surface.
- Another alternate for the brush is a sponge. The advantage of using a sponge is that they are gentle on the glaze and don’t damage it so easily. You can also use the brush first for hard to remove stain and then use the sponge to give the sink a shining look.
- Use a water jet for rinsing the cleaning solution complete. If you don’t have a jet, forcing water from the tap will work as well. Post cleaning, use a disinfectant for good results. After this step simply fine dry with a cloth.
- Use hot water for cleaning tuff stains. Water at higher temperature help cleaning solutions to do a thorough job as compared to cold water.
Cleaning Services & Cleaning Products Manufacturers in India
Nowadays cleaning services are available from professional cleaning companies. You can contact one of them if you want professional services for offices, hospitals or factories. There is no dearth to cleaning products manufacturers in India who can supply you the right kind of solution at economical prices. You should generally prefer a bulk supplier if you are using sourced cleaning services.