It is all confusion in the powder Vs liquid laundry detergent war. Depending upon the detergent company, they will recommend one or the other based on what they manufacture; it is never a neutral view. Each has its own set of arguments to win debates but most are biased. The end result is consumers are confused and they choose the one that others recommend. It shouldn’t be this way; to make a wise buying decision you must consider what each form of the detergent offers you the best results.
One of the common questions that consumers ask is: Which is better, the liquid detergent or the powder detergent? To answer this question, you must know the differences between the two forms. We rule out the cake form because few homes actually use it these days in washing machines.
The Differences: Powder Vs Liquid Laundry Detergent
Here are some differences that consumers must take note of.
- Liquid detergents are less likely to leave residues after couple wash with plain water. Powder detergents, on the other hand, contain a lot of filler materials and don’t readily dissolve in water. The problem is further enhanced when you are using hard water for laundering.
- Powder detergent is difficult to measure and there is always the possibility of feeding the washing machine with more than what your clothes actually require. Liquid detergent is not only easier to measure but also disperses faster. This ensures that clothes receive the same quantity of detergent. It is value for money and a higher level of efficiency.
- Liquid detergents are available in concentrated forms and hence can be diluted before using. In fact, most liquid detergents come in a concentrated form and therefore the concentration level is under the control of the users. This is not the case with powder – powders cannot be made in concentrated form and there is no known detergent company that advertises or sells concentrated powder detergent.
- Powder detergents take a longer time to react and form a solution in water. To get proper results, therefore, you will have to first let the detergent dissolve (can take anything up to 10 minutes or even longer) and form enzymes. If you don’t, it results in much wastage and there is always the possibility of powder settling to the bottom of the machine; especially in a top-loading washing machine. It is altogether a different story with liquid detergents – the detergent disperses instantly and there is no risk of it settling to the bottom or spreading unevenly. Moreover, liquid detergents, since they are already in a liquid state, rarely have to be allowed to form enzymes – it is already done and ready to use.
- Liquid detergents are much more stable than powder detergents that can when exposed to moisture (common in laundry rooms) form into lumps and reduce its washing power. With liquid detergents, there is never the problem of forming lumps and washing power going down. Liquid detergents, unlike powder detergents, come in containers that have a small opening. The advantage here is that you don’t have to worry about contaminants entering and degrading the detergent.
- Liquid detergent is greener and safer on the environment. Imagine the number of detergents that we discharge into drains and you will agree with what I have to say. A good liquid detergent manufacturing company that cares for its consumer’s health will assure that it is environmentally friendly and kind on your skin.
The Market for Liquid Detergent Bound to Grow
Though there are still a good number of detergent companies that manufacture powder detergents, the fact is that the market for powder is slowly but definitely making way for liquid detergent manufacturing company. The view of many experts is that the best laundry detergent for sensitive skin is the liquid detergent because it provides virtually no opportunity for the hands to come in touch with it. It is really a big advantage.
Liquid detergents are stocked and sold almost in all grocery shops, if you don’t see it the shop around the block, you can always order for one online. It is simpler, easier and trouble-free experience that you will love.
Savoncare is the leading liquid detergent manufacturing company who are into ASO-free domestic cleaning products.