Dish washing is a major operation in restaurants, especially in those restaurants that handle large numbers of dinners during peak working hours. Using dish washing machines in place of manual washing is a norm today rather than an option. Using machines has big advantages – there are fewer breakages and fewer still complaints related to unclean dishes. Moreover, a streamlined dishwashing process ensures keeping and maintaining fewer dishes.
Though dishwashing machines solve many problems related to hygiene and proper upkeep of dishes, the trick of getting the best from machines is not in the machine itself; it is more about choosing the best dish detergent. As a restaurant owner, your definition of what constitutes the best dish detergent might vary, but universally everyone will agree that it should: consume less detergent, not harm the machine or leave a residue and generally have a pleasing scent on the dishes.
Dishwashing Detergent Vs Soaps – Which is Better?
Soaps and detergents for dishwashing are very different products and belong to different product genres. While soaps are made from organic materials such as soap stock obtained during oil refining and vegetable oil production, detergents are products made from minerals. The advantage of using detergents is that they do not react with water-hardness producing salts present in ground water.
If most of the water you use is hard, then you should bet on liquid detergents as they perform better where soaps fail. Yet another disadvantage of soap is that they are nowadays not produced in much quantity and if available is prohibitively expensive. Handling soap may again be difficult for various reasons.
Professional Dishwasher Detergent – What to Look For?
Using detergent cakes (mostly manufactured in bar form factor) or powders is not an option in machine washing process. Invariably, professional dishwasher detergent must only be in liquid form and that again as concentrated solution. Here is the advantage of concentrated liquid detergents:
- Makes it possible to feed in appropriate quantities
- Is easy to store and handle when combined with a dispenser
- Gives more washes for a predetermined feed
- Does not give off any unpleasant odour
- Does not react with the skin or cause abrasions and blisters
- It is compatible with air drying
- Does not react with dish making materials
- It is environmentally friendly and can be safely disposed
- Spent water used can be recycled after proper treatment
When you order a dishwashing liquid, your machine vendor will usually have given you a list of detergents that are commercially available in the market; ensure that the recommended product is compatible with what you order. It will enhance the proper working of your machine and give you a longer lifecycle as well.
Dishwashing Tips for Restaurants
To get best mileage from dishwashing detergents follow the tips below.
- Use only recommended quantities of the detergent; more doesn’t always mean better results. In fact using more than the recommend quantity means wasting money and water.
- Buy bulk dishwashing liquid rather than ordering smaller quantities. Buying in larger quantities not only has price advantages but also ensures that you always have some quantity handy at all times.
- For better washing effect, set the heating temperatures to the recommended level by the machine maker and the bulk dishwashing liquid supplier. Higher than normal temperatures can reduce your machines life rapidly resulting in costly replacements.
- Do not overload your machine with excessive dishes to make things work faster. Overloading not only harms your machines but also reduces the quality of the output.
- Group dishes according to size or types. For example club porcelain plates and metal plates separately then feed them into the machines. It is pertinent to note that both require separate machine settings for optimum result.
Ordering Bulk Dishwashing Liquid
Finding the most appropriate bulk dishwashing liquid is definitely not rocket science and any good cleaning products manufacturers in India of repute can meet your requirements easily.
There are many cleaning products manufacturers in India who sell online from where restaurants can order their requirements. Before you order in bulk, try out a smaller pack or request a sample to check its effectiveness.